This ones off my car- No good for filtering wine!!
There's a few filters on the market!
From the small home brewers kit to one for a micro winerey.
We stock most of them, you decide which one is best for you.
We've tried to explain the benefits of each one!
For most uses we'd just say use finings, look for them on the accessories page!
They'll clear most wine or beer without messing about with a filter.
How to clear cloudy wines! (and beer)
1. Add finings!! If it's dropped a lot of sediment syphon off first or you'll just be fining out the old sediment. We use Kwik Clear
2. Leave it in a cold place for a week- Move it to the garage or somewhere where there's stone floor! ( this works more often than you'd think!)
3. Check for pectin haze in wine- Add 1 part meths to 4 parts wine, you 'll need about a half wine glass of liquid!
If it throws a gungy deposit or precipitate then it's pectin and try some pectin destroying enzyme.
4. You used old finings from the back of the cupboard you had for years? Buy some new ones, skinflint and try again.
5. If you're in a hurry or want to speed things up buy a filter